Monday, January 9, 2012

F*ck a Generic. Real Talk.

One of my best friends recently sent me this link about healthcare, as both being crazy and reading about it all day, I don't shut up about it.


Rilli tho, this chick has to be OD desperate. To prostitute yourself for managed care is worse than to prostitute yourself for prostitution. Girl, you have too much going for you to be doing this to yourself.

You clearly have fashion sense, as I see your lil' Kathy Ireland cardigan pokin' out, which also demonstrates your financially savvy ways from the Kmart collection (I grew up on layaway Christmases--I feel you, girl).

You found a clear background from which you could video yourself--no clutter in sight--so you're obviously not a hoarder. That is a plus. Meanwhile, let's back up on the camera thing. I know you are aware that your laptop or whatever other device you used to tape this is obviously more expensive than the Flonase you big-up in the beginning of your serenade. I'm saying that selling that should probably be your first method of recourse.

I'm also gonna go ahead and assume that you had found that salon that gives fantastic free hair cuts and dyes on the first Monday of the month, so you know how to spot a deal. Let's work with these money management skillz.

Now, you still have a boombox--that is an issue, I see--but we can get past that. I know a crackhead on 178th outside that crackhead-infested bus station who would gladly sell po' lil' boom boom box to someone else who had no reason in the middle of January to buy a boombox in 2012 in the first place. And while yes, you'd have to stay to monitor that he did not run with your money or use it to scratch his nether regions, he'd at least break you off $3. These $3 are crucial, as you can at least get a single-ride Metrocard to take a bus or train (you look like a bus girl, tho) down to a free clinic. Yes, they exist. Get your lil' deviated septum some help.

Now, what concerns me most is that you will "suck a d*ck for generic*." Girl, the only preexisting condition that you have is that I have not kicked knowledge to you on generics. I know times is hard on the yard, and that closed mouths don't get paid on the boulevard, but you need to save your oral services on this one.

Generics are cheap; you don't have to be. Generics are also cheap because they are not 100% guaranteed or you get your money back. They do not come with the Allstate promise. In fact, the fucking drug assholes (FDA, for short) mandates that generics only have 80-125% bioavailability to the brand name of the drug. This means, young lady, that one month, you could get Flonase made by Generic Company A, that's as efficacious as the brand name, and then next month, you could get itty bitty 80% Flonase, made by Generic Company B.

Your video has shown me that you know how to find a deal, and that you're willing to put out for some nasal-passage clearing, so if you're going to give it up, do it with the knowledge that you'll be able to breathe the same way every month. After all, if you're gonna be doin' that for moneyz, you will need some clear sinuses.

4 comments:

  1. imma need this bank manager to get back to work....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell her about the Hannaford Healthy Saver Plus stuff, I have some ugly friends who need some pity sex...

    ReplyDelete