I also hate having any form of literature read above my head. Like if you are not going to let me read with you, do not put me through David Baldacci crumbs falling on my head--or worse, New York Post feces I mean newsprint (can we really call it "news" print tho?).
But what brings out the worst Rilli Tho face is when I am sharing holding a pole pause with someone on the train and their hand slides down to mine, touching my hand and leaving me in perpetual fear that this unwanted train intimacy is only going to progress (I've had dudes masturbate in front of me. My commute is not a game.).
This is not "Ghost" (RIP Patrick Swayze).
OK, so you already knew that I was riding the train, no Quad City DJs. This picture was a test. If you see something, say something. I'm gonna guess with a probable statistical significance of P<0.000001 that you were not about to report that suspicious backpack at my 10 o'clock.
Also, let's report the dude who volunteered to sit under the map. NEVER SIT UNDER THE MAP. I cannot stress this enough, particularly if you are a native New Yorker or just anyone who doesn't want people leering uncomfortably close over your whole bodice like it's OK cuz they "wanna see the best route" to 42nd Street. Fuck outta here; everything is the best route to 42nd Street.
Aite, so we have someone with a Calvin Klein-model glare joining us on this train pole here. Not the best of situations, but still foreboding since you know there is tragedy to come.
OK, it's winter and your hand is sliding down the pole. That tells me that you have sweaty palms, which is already pretty gross, but makes me anxious about how much closer you're going to get to my hand before I have to mention something or glare at you and have you look at me like I was the first offender. Also, why are you looking at me?
Holy shit, where is my Klonopin?! You are OD close, sir. I am so sorry about your pituitary gland situation, but do you rilli not see where this is going? Because I do, and again, this is not "Ghost." This is about the point where I generally try to slide my hand down a little without having to touch the potentially lice-ridden head that is inevitably right underneath this safety net of height on the pole. Also, I bet you still didn't say something, even though you saw something...
This is the danger zone. I am now auditioning for Demi Moore's part and I had no intention of acting today. This is emergency preparation time.
Good. Now we are officially the cover of an interracial erotica tale. And sculpting a vase.
Son of a bitch. You are Ghosting the shit out of me right now. Clay isn't even my medium of choice! Fuck outta here with that. I know you feel my discomfort; back on up! At this point, I hope there is a bomb in that bag that you probably still didn't report yet.
From here on out, this is what it feels and looks like to me. Someone in the background is singing, "Ohhhhhhhh, myyyy darrrlllllinnnggg..." which makes me even MORE nervous because by means of behavioral conditioning, I am trained to think those oogum boogums (bad-guy ghosts) are going to come at the end of this movie (read: ride) and get me in the dark while I'm walking down the street. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW "GHOST" ENDS.
...Which is precisely what I'm going to start singing the next time someone Ghosts me on the train. Special thanks to Chadlibs for improvising this scene with me and allowing himself to look as creepy as he isn't.
RECAP: Don't Ghost me on the damn train! And stop bangin on de damn furnace!
Next time I get ghosted, I'm going to fondly remember this post. I love how you've managed to convert the term "ghost" into a verb! :) And it works.
ReplyDeleteI hope you start singing, "Ohhh, my darlllling...." OR IT WON'T COUNT. JUST RECUERDATE ESO, MAMI....I'm keeping track. ;)
DeleteClaro que si! lol
DeleteThe ghosting phenomenon has also been documented on Community. See: http://youtu.be/xyqorV7Jo4Q?t=2m
DeleteHoly shit, Jon! Tell me how Community is one of my favorite shows...this must be like the ONE episode I haven't seen! OMG! Wow...well, at least we all understand.
Deletehere's my train riding pet-peeve. People with bad breath who open mouth breathe while standing over you. it's awful.
ReplyDeleteIN AGREEANCE! Um...hi. A lot of TB was transmitted via DROPLETS. The conumption knocked out OD peoples of people! WATCH THE HISTORY CHANNEL AND CLOSE YOUR MOUTH! Thank you for your comment.
Delete*Consumption. Excuse me. You can't edit your own writing!
DeleteOn SEPTA...the trolley riders love to do us 'Japanese style'..stuffing as many of us on the trolley as humanly possible!! I mean 'RILLITHO' ... I prefer to be asked my name or even be asked on a date before some random passenger goes to second base on me !! Plus as you may know...the ever growing fad of sagging pants runs rampant in the city so..I feel like I have had my fill of ass juice being splashed on meh!!
ReplyDeleteI feel you, girl. I'm so sorry. What's so sad is that here, there are unspoken rules, and people have been breaking them recently! Ghosting is just the last straw! Get away from the ass juice!!!!!! Fast!!!! Bizzounce like Olivia wanted her career to!
Deletepure gold. pituitary gland situations can be a big problem.
ReplyDeleteThank you. Are we selling a drug for that yet? If not, I'm sure we will soon.
DeleteHahahah this is the best. Totally been there. Oh, did I just admit to that?
ReplyDeleteYou can admit to being the victim of Ghosting. You cannot admit to Ghosting without at least like 3 Hail Marys in repentance.
DeleteThank you for giving Ghosting a well-deserved term, because this shizzle happens ALL. THE. TIME. It's like...have we become so numb that we don't even realize when we're touching each other's hands anymore? And then there's the entitled mentality of "well, it's crowded, am I so gross that you'd rather surf the train than hold on and touch skin with me?" I hate it. It's like the train is a whole big personal space violation playground...
ReplyDeleteBut...but...playgrounds are fun! :(
DeleteThis is the story of my life. Every morning and every afternoon. Ugly women boobing me. Tourists making me legit homicidal when I am secretly like the nicest person ever and just want to bake everyone in the world cookies, EXCEPT THEM. Fanny packs...YES, PLEASE, I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE ALL OF YOUR MONEY/IDs/ETC. are...RILLI THO?! "Am I on the right line?" "THEY'RE COLORS, YOU DICK! YOU LEARNED RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, BLUE, AND GREEN WHEN YOU WERE COGNIZANT! IF THAT EVER REALLY HAPPENED!" I'm really going to say that to the next ass that asks me if they're on the right line. Like colors are so fucking complicated. Other pet peeves: hitting my breasts with your elbow/attache (loser)/briefcase, sneezing in my face, vomiting on my shoes (I WEAR FUCKING MANOLO BLAHNIKS), people trying to talk on the phone when we're obviously in a tunnel -- underground -- and they probably don't even have Verizon...et al. OH BABY JESUS (I'm Jewish), I hate my commute...
ReplyDeleteAND PER THIS POST: NEVER FUCKING TOUCH ME INAPPROPRIATELY AGAIN. I AM NOT GOING TO SCULPT WITH YOU. EVER. I AM AN OIL PAINTER.
DeleteLOL @ "I am an oil painter." Wait--someone vomited on on your shoes?
DeleteREADING THIS AGAIN AND LOL
Delete